RedHat Experts Session with Practical Implementation on Automation Using Ansible
- We define automation as “the creation and application of technology to monitor and control the production and delivery of products and services.”
Ansible is an automation tool which can configure systems, deploy software, do orchestration with continuous deployment and zero downtime rolling updates.
Ansible is a configuration management system written in declarative language to describe configurations. It is used to automate software configuration and deployment.
Ansible is a free opensource tool with simple and easy setup using playbook, powerful, flexible, agentless and efficient automation tool used mostly in IT industry sector.
Ansible is used to provision, manage configuration, deploy application, continuous deliver, secure and compliance, orchestration tool.
Ansible Tower (formerly ‘AWX’) is a web-based solution that makes Ansible even more easy to use for IT teams of all kinds. It’s designed to be the hub for all of your automation tasks. Tower is free for usage for up to 10 nodes, and comes bundled with amazing support from Ansible, Inc.
Orchestration is a step by step automation in which if one automation fails then alternate steps can be used to save that failed automation.
Template is a terminology in Ansible tower used to discover the playbook. In normal Ansible we need to provide the access key and secret key in the playbook itself. In ansible tower you have the option to create credentials from the credentials section of the ansible tower. While running the playbook you don’t have to mention the credentials. Tower actually have the database where the credentials are secured. Secret key automatically stores in the database in the encrypted format.
Features of Ansible Tower
1. Ansible Tower Dashboard: It displays everything which is going on in your Ansible environment, such as the inventory status, the recent job activity, the hosts, and so on.
2. Multi-Playbook Workflows: It allows to chain any numbers of playbooks, any way of the usage of different inventories, runs different users, or utilizes various credentials.
3. Real-Time Job Updates: Ansible can automate the complete infrastructure. Also, you can see real-time job updates such as plays and tasks broken down by each machine either been successful or failure. Therefore you can see the status of your automation and know what’s next in the queue.
4. Scale Capacity with Cluster: You can connect multiple Ansible Tower nodes into an Ansible Tower cluster as the clusters add redundancy and capacity, which allows scaling Ansible automation across the enterprise.
5. Self-Service: You can launch playbooks with just a single click through this feature.
Also, we get to know to about these advantages :-
- We can integrate both using a Job Template, creating a different python virtual environment in our ansible cloud.
- Ansible Tower can help to launch playbooks to run simultaneously.
- Ansible in microservices .
- CHATOPS — integrated slack by using ansible tower.
- Ansible tower can also be used for Git Ops functionality.
- Credential types in ansible tower can be used for adding most clouds like oracle, Digital Ocean, IBM Cloud etc.
Thanks to Vimal Daga Sir and Preeti Chandak Ma’am for giving me an opportunity to experience such a wonderful session.
I am proud to be a part of ARTH Program which is giving us such an amazing place to enhance our skills and knowledge.
Thanks For Reading!!